Acne is a disorder of the pores.
It can be aggravated by certain drugs, medications or exposure to chemicals, foods, cosmetics, etc., but MOST acne is genetic.
How an acne prone person sheds their dead skin cells, in lies the disorder and this is where the problem begins. In a person with acne dead skin cells build up inside the pore 5 times faster than a non-acne prone person. The acne prone body is unable to handle it, inflammation is triggered as a microcomedone is formed.
The microcomedone is the beginning of all acne, taking up to 90 days to form. If the body doesn’t see the microcomedone as an invader, it remains as a non-inflamed lesion, also known as a blackhead or congestion under the skin. If it does, the microcomedone turns into inflamed pimples, pustules, and or even cysts.
JUST HAVING BLACKHEADS IS A FORM OF ACNE!
If your issue is ONLY on your nose it’s probably only sebaceous filament. There is a difference between sebaceous filament and blackheads around the nose area. You need a professional to determine this, it can’t be seen with the naked eye.
It’s important to treat acne early to avoid scarring.
There are 5 grades of acne. Grade 1 is the mildest form, with open and closed comedones (whiteheads and blackheads). Grades 2 and 3 include papules and pustules as well. Grade 4 advanced form, with all the above plus the appearance of cysts or nodules beneath the skin surface. Grade 5 is all the above plus necrotic tissue, and requires medical attention. Acne is not only painful but can be very emotionally and psychologically challenging as well.
COMMON ACNE MYTHS:
- Acne is cause by dirty skin.
- Acne is caused by eating greasy food.
- Acne only affects teens
If you have found yourself asking doctor google any of these questions you should be making an appointment with us (click here)
- How to get rid of pimples on chin overnight
- How to remove spots from face in two days naturally
- How to treat hormonal acne naturally
- How to get rid of acne overnight guaranteed
- How to get rid of spots overnight with home remedies
- How to stop stress acne
- How to cover acne scars with makeup
- How to hide spots without makeup
- How do you stop acne breakouts
- Where spots are and what they mean
- Why is sudocrem good for acne
- How long does lymecycline take to clear acne
- How to reduce redness of pimples in a hour